Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Japanese Toast anyone?

WJM

Many many autocross launches+hard driving+14 PSI+lots of race launches=TOASTED CLUTCH!

FINALLY that POS NAPA Reman clutch gave up! It took me racing Pleiades an a for fun autocross style launch to toast it. I wont even hold under stock boost now.

OMFG!!! This thing PULLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To no end...well 5300 RPMs with 14 PSI. At 5300, no power, detonation. Gotta TUNE THE DIZZY AGAIN! Me need DIS....

OK...time for XT6 clutch set, Lite Flywheel, and RX trans! D/R baby!!

Many many autocross launches+hard driving+14 PSI+lots of race launches=TOASTED CLUTCH!

FINALLY that POS NAPA Reman clutch gave up! It took me racing Pleiades an a for fun autocross style launch to toast it. I wont even hold under stock boost now.

OMFG!!! This thing PULLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To no end...well 5300 RPMs with 14 PSI. At 5300, no power, detonation. Gotta TUNE THE DIZZY AGAIN! Me need DIS....

OK...time for XT6 clutch set, Lite Flywheel, and RX trans! D/R baby!!

See if you can a Luk. I ran one behind an 88XT nt 9.5 cr turbo,12 PSI untill I holed a head. about 200 miles. It still had a readable part no. on the disk

when i pulled it apart. I am now running the engine in a 89 auto awd 12k since Jan. Btw the xt engine had 165000 on it when I put turbo on it

that is weird i have a napa dealy in my 86 and I heated it up severly just launching once in low 4wd lots of slipping stock boost. after driving 4 miles it was still smokeing seams to be working ok now though maybe I just hazed it a little.

what is the best way to cool those things off, push the clutch in and let it idle for a while?

that is weird i have a napa dealy in my 86 and I heated it up severly just launching once in low 4wd lots of slipping stock boost. after driving 4 miles it was still smokeing seams to be working ok now though maybe I just hazed it a little.

what is the best way to cool those things off, push the clutch in and let it idle for a while?

I dunno....let it sit overnight? Either way...the 24hrs will be hard and Im not taking a chance...it it doesnt slip a bit this morning or not...the trans and stuff is gonna be swapped.

the NAPA reman clutches are CRAP. I've hated this one since day one. Maybe thats why they are discontinuing them and phasing them out.

the NEW napa clutches are just the factory ones in the NAPA brand name boxes. The XT6 one....its got FHI all over it, and looks the same as if i got it from the dealer. Even the pilot bearing came in the FHI box. Dats da chit!!