Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 loyale problem agiain

Is it just the button that is stuck? You should be able to pry it out with a thin screwdriver.

If 4wd is not engaged (lights in the dash are not on in other words) then it's not really a critical thing unless you plan on driving through a lot of mud in the near future.

oh, i misread your question, my bad. you have a vac leak. same thing happened to me back in january (its what lead me here to the forum :) )

just to make sure its a vac leak, turn on the heater and see if you can get it to blow through the defroster or the heat vents instead of just the dash. my 4wd prob happened at the same time as this.

basically, the car's vac system runs both things. it will change the vent selection and operate the 4wd soleniod. what happened in mine was that 2 vac hoses got knocked loose during some fun in the snow and all i needed to do was plug them back in.

here is the thread for my problem

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10946

pay particular attention to the last few posts.

ahh I called Roos Only and Strictly Automotive no help :(

the roos only guy Jumped right to "its the transfer case" didnt even ask about the vaccumes he said he could disengage it for me for $70

Strictly automotives only suggestion was that the tires were miss matched but thats most likely not true cause Its floating right now

I when I push the button I hear it click like its doin something but nothin happens! so could it be my transfer case? I hope not $70 is quite a bit right now

did you try the vent selector thing to check if its the vac?

the ones that were unplugged on mine were over the right (passenger side) bank of the engine. other than that, i don't know what to tell you other than what the other guys told me in the thread i linked to.

also, if you tried to get it out right away and didn't drive at all before trying to take it out, then it's not tire mismatch so more than likely it would be transfer case. sorry about that man, but all things considered, $70 is pretty reasonable for drivetrain work. but having just graduated from college, i know what being a broke college kid is like. good luck with it man