Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EGR solinoid replacement

Hello All,

I have broken down and decided to buy a new EGR solinoid. (Most probable cause of my check engine light) I just need to know if changing it out is a really hard job, anything to watch out for, or just general heads ups. I have been looking at the other posts and find several references to it (the EGR solinoid) just not a lot of input on the actual changing of it. Just on a side note, anyone else notice that Chilton and Hayes repair books are damn near worthless?

Shaun...DaGodfada:brow:

I am intersted in this too since I need to do the same in my 92 Loyale. Been putting it off for a year now.And on your side note...YES! Lucky for me I have been working on cars all my life..Just not so much with the Subies (This is my 3rd one..88 GL Wagon, 90 Justy, and my current Loyale). And on another side note..why am I the only person who cant seem to ever find a 4WD one??

Hello All,

I have broken down and decided to buy a new EGR solinoid. (Most probable cause of my check engine light) I just need to know if changing it out is a really hard job, anything to watch out for, or just general heads ups. I have been looking at the other posts and find several references to it (the EGR solinoid) just not a lot of input on the actual changing of it. Just on a side note, anyone else notice that Chilton and Hayes repair books are damn near worthless?

Shaun...DaGodfada:brow:

And on another side note..why am I the only person who cant seem to ever find a 4WD one??

Location. Location. Location.

Tons of 'em 'round these parts! Heck, make me an offer and I might drive one back for you! Top tier of states, winter comin' on... perfect time for a drive.