Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 Subaru Impreza lil problem or big

Hello I got a problem with my impreza which I just did a motor swap on YAY (and the peasents rejoice) anyways on my way home from driving it I filled it up from Shell and then drove it home about 60 miles maybe but as the tank got lower about below 1/4 the power to my engine fluctuated? it would be good then it would kinda drop then good and drop not always in uniform but kindof randomlike I was told by a friend who went to DADC temporarily that it might be the fuel pump but I dont know I know it has something to do with the fuel I was also thinking it could be cause im mixing 2yr old gas with new gas (the car with the tank sat for like 2 yrs or something like that) but it was pretty empty or it could be residue from the gas sitting in the lines I dont know Im no expert pretty much a beginner ahh ive gone on long enough about that now to my next thing

The pully for my power steering WOBBLES! and it set my belt offcoarse I put the belt back on but it just squeels then goes back now it wore some of my belt away I was wondering if it was easy to replace the belt and pully and maybe you could tell me where to get a good pully or maybe good belts unless they are all pretty much the same

anyways thats all for now hopefully you guys will be able to help me out :) or if not show me somewhere I can get some help (if you understood my post I know I can ramble)

yeah....2yr old gas isn't too good to be running through the engine. Put some sea foam or some other fuel stabalizer/cleaner in the tank. Fill it up 1/2 way, try to run it good, and then fill up with good gas, and hope you didn't suck up anything too nasty. I'd also probably suggest changing the fuel filter too.

As for the PS pump pulley. How is it wobbling? I've never seen one of them wobble/come loose. Is the shaft on the pump damaged?

I certainly hope the shaft isnt damaged, what happened was I had a 94 wagon and I took it mudding usually it does really well but this time the rear wheel or something hit a rock and pushed me off to the side which it then got high centered got it stuck had to leave it till I could get it towed :( but when I came back I see that somone decided to drive up on top of it so im guessing thats what caused it to get bent cause they also ripped my radiator apart so I took that motor and put it in the impreza I got now cause it had no heart

i have yet to see an older L with an accurate fuel gauge

likely you were under a 1/4 of a tank, and encountering fuel cut. (meaning the fuel was very low, and wasnt being picked up)

fuel cut will be most evident in cornering.

the wobbling pulley is an issue.

was this car in an accident?

Jamie

question:

was this car in an accident?

answer:

what happened was I had a 94 wagon and I took it mudding usually it does really well but this time the rear wheel or something hit a rock and pushed me off to the side which it then got high centered got it stuck had to leave it till I could get it towed :( but when I came back I see that somone decided to drive up on top of it so im guessing thats what caused it to get bent cause they also ripped my radiator apart so I took that motor and put it in the impreza I got now cause it had no heart

hope that helps Jamie

likely you were under a 1/4 of a tank, and encountering fuel cut. (meaning the fuel was very low, and wasnt being picked up)

well I know what its like when im low cause it freaked me out when I had my wagon and I took a turn and I lost half my power also when I was low it would cut out after 3k RPM as a lil warning but tihs isnt like that I get ver poor power then all of a sudden I get full power (I joke with my friends telling htem its my turbo) so I dont think its low on gas but I am gonna get that Sea Foam stuff and see if that works