Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt6 4wd air suspension

FWD XT6's have coil overs from the factory so they will work as well. They are nice because you get all 4 struts and you're done. Be advised the car will lean forward with this set up. Cutting the rear coils down will level the car out. But it will sit much lower than the air suspenion XT6. I advise addressing this issue somehow, as the braking and handling of the car are not what it should be if it's riding with the rear up higher than it should. Probably minor, but I did notice a difference. I drove one of my old ones like this for awhile.

The Impreza struts need to be modified ever so slightly - easy to do. just spread the bottom flange out a little bit as needed to fit. Nice thing about this set up is to get find the newest Impreza stuts you can because you can get later years than the 1991 XT6 FWD struts so the struts will be newer.

These struts are all old, so parts are hit or miss. Usually fine, but not as nice as getting low mileage or new.