Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clutching Engagement GL10T

Hey Folks!

I finally found the dipstick for the trans. (the turbo cover/ tire holder was hiding it) and upon inspection the trans fluid is in right between F and L. I have noticed it's grinding a little when I go for 2nd gear, so I want to fill up the trans. Does anyone know the size of the drain plug? I think it's 22mm but not sure, second if I wanted/needed to do a clutch adjustment, how would I go about doing so? thanks a bunch. This is on an 87 gl10t, 5 spd, 4wd all the bells and whistles. Thanks for the help. My search doesn't work for some reason cause I keep coming up with other then what I'm looking for search topics.

Drail plug for the trans is a 21mm...but i use a 22mm with no issues (since its the only one I have)

As for clutch adjustment...the clutch cable goes onto the arm on top of the trans on the drivers side...there are two nuts...loosen them and run them either up or down the threaded portion of the cable...and that adjusts it. Tighten the nuts together when you get it adjusted where you want.

Drail plug for the trans is a 21mm...but i use a 22mm with no issues (since its the only one I have)

As for clutch adjustment...the clutch cable goes onto the arm on top of the trans on the drivers side...there are two nuts...loosen them and run them either up or down the threaded portion of the cable...and that adjusts it. Tighten the nuts together when you get it adjusted where you want.

Thanks a bunch I have a 22mm sitting on the work bench.