Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hubtamer? Can someone trace the leverage adapter?

If someone could trace the leverage adapter on the hubtamer for me, I could make that piece and save the expense of buying a $300 tool set. The Harbor Freight set has all the pieces neccessary save the leverage adapter. Those who have the hubtamer set will know what I am tlking about. It is the biggest piece in the set. It looks like Pac-man with a bent arm welded to the back face.

It looks like it would be easy enough to trace, just lay down the face on a piece of paper, trace that, then turn it sideways with the flat face hanging off of a table and trace the bent arm.

If someone could trace that and email me a scan of it, it would save so much work, much expense and contribute to good will. Or, they could put the tracings in the gallery.

Please, please, please someone help me out!!

Thanks,

Mark

LostWater@LostWater.com

Thanks for the tracings, I was able to get them off of the gallery. I printed them at original size, so hopefully I can make this piece. Otherwise, I will beat the crap out of it more.

Thanks a bunch, I will be sure to post my results of this fabrication.

Mark

Mark,

I just remembered as to why your hub isn't coming out, are you sure you removed the C clip that's just inside the front lip of the housing? I know this is a dumb question but I thought I'd ask anyway! This clip will make the removal of the hub, even with hubtamer tool, next to impossible.

On the matter of fabbing up a C clamp thing, this is more than just a large C, it also has another piece that has to come off at a perpendicular. This is the piece that the forcing screw levered against and receives all sorts of force. If you need specific pics, let me know.

Ali

I am pretty sure that the c-clip is in front of the bearing after the hub comes out. This at least what the endwrench procedure talks about.

The hub is sleeve that extends into and pressed into the bearing. :(

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Mark,

I just remembered as to why your hub isn't coming out, are you sure you removed the C clip that's just inside the front lip of the housing?

Ali

• 1 year later...