Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Man you people sure get rilled' up about some funny things. He uses the forester for OFFROAD PURPOSED ONLY (or mostly, whatever). He's not going to go ricing around your neighborhood with the thing.. it's got a 4" lift and huge tires... yall' just need to get over yourselves and chill out a bit... Forest Ranger, go for it w/o the muffler, it won't hurt your motor, you'll get a little more nut when you're playing offroad, and you'll piss off all the people who have their heads too far up their asses to understand what you were asking :brow:

Man you people sure get rilled' up about some funny things. He uses the forester for OFFROAD PURPOSED ONLY (or mostly, whatever). He's not going to go ricing around your neighborhood with the thing.. it's got a 4" lift and huge tires... yall' just need to get over yourselves and chill out a bit... Forest Ranger, go for it w/o the muffler, it won't hurt your motor, you'll get a little more nut when you're playing offroad, and you'll piss off all the people who have their heads too far up their asses to understand what you were asking :brow:

My sentiments exactly... :drunk:

Well It's been a year since I broke my muffler off. About 5 months afterwards I had the cats removed since I kept getting checking engine codes. At the same time I added a free flowing glass pack for a muffler. Now it's louder than ever. I haven't had any engine problems. I do however use the Forester mostly just for off-roading. Most of the time it just sits in the driveway. So I'm not out driving around town all the time with loud exhaust.