Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Latest attempts...

Had time to get under the xt today to check the fuel pump voltage. I haven't had any gas in the engine compartment since I got the car. I found the pump relay inside the radio compartment and verified voltage at the relay, and it was there. Next, I unplugged the pump, and hooked my meter up to the plug whilest my 12 year old daughter turned the key on. There was approx. 11 volts showing, though only momentarily when the ignition was turned to on, but I think that's right. I plugged the pump back up, and had her turn the key again. I could feel the pump 'click', but it didn't ever seem to 'hum' ... even when the motor was cranked repeatedly. I took the line off the pressure side of the pump, and had her crank the car again, but no pressure at all. I put my finger over the hole, and had her crank it more, but not pressure. It would click when the key was turned on, but no pressure. I even put 5 gallons of gas in just in case there wasn't enough in the tank to feed the pump. Anyone have any suggestions? I thought I might actually get it to putt a little today, but no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? I thought I might actually get it to putt a little today, but no luck.

I have a suggestion. Purchase a new pump. :lol: No, seriously! If you are getting the necessary voltage to your pump and the pump isn't turning/pumping, then there's a problem with your pump. You need a new one.

I have a suggestion. Purchase a new pump. :lol: No, seriously! If you are getting the necessary voltage to your pump and the pump isn't turning/pumping, then there's a problem with your pump. You need a new one.

Not necessarily,It could be a bad ground.