Ultimate Subaru Message Board

its amazing how removing parts make ea81s run better!

so I took my new car home, and its got the issue of, when i let off the gas after its warmed up, it likes to stall.. so I tried to raise the idle (hitachi carb) and it kept it running, but it was not running smooth.. just a fast idle (around 2k rpms) but that got me around for the day... then I just decided to bring it into the garage.. and strip a few parts that I figure arent needed anymore... sense I can just adjust the mixture and such myself...

so, all the vacume lines (except for the ones on the charcoal canister, and the disty advance, have been plugged up... all the solenoids have been removed from the manifold... and all random open plugs on the carb just plugged off with caps...

and.. then start the car, warm it up, and adjust the idle down, lean out the engine just till its not smooth, (then readjust to make smooth)

and viola! it runs smooth at 800rpms, and has more power!!!

and it looks better under the hood too!!!!

So what new car do you have now?

so I took my new car home, and its got the issue of, when i let off the gas after its warmed up, it likes to stall.. so I tried to raise the idle (hitachi carb) and it kept it running, but it was not running smooth.. just a fast idle (around 2k rpms) but that got me around for the day... then I just decided to bring it into the garage.. and strip a few parts that I figure arent needed anymore... sense I can just adjust the mixture and such myself...

so, all the vacume lines (except for the ones on the charcoal canister, and the disty advance, have been plugged up... all the solenoids have been removed from the manifold... and all random open plugs on the carb just plugged off with caps...

and.. then start the car, warm it up, and adjust the idle down, lean out the engine just till its not smooth, (then readjust to make smooth)

and viola! it runs smooth at 800rpms, and has more power!!!

and it looks better under the hood too!!!!