Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New RX pics...!

WJM

So I washed off 90% of the road grime today...but bad news is it was about 20* F out when i did it...so, not the best job ever...:banghead:

But there it is, fully 'loaded'...aka back seat and cargo compartment stuff back in, tool box, extra stuff etc etc...enjoy!

DSCF3717.JPG

DSCF3718.JPG

DSCF3719.JPG

DSCF3720.JPG

DSCF3722.JPG

DSCF3723.JPG

DSCF3724.JPG

DSCF3725.JPG

Nice pics.

I know I should not ask this, but do you know what its top speed is?

Well...simlar setup on my 86 T-wagon yeilded 130 MPH....but it didnt have the built in ECU fuel cut like the 87+'s do...ive had this one up to 120 or so on stock boost and as much as 11psi...

A previous, 89 RX that was completely stripped out, cam'd/intake/exhaust would go in excess of 130 mph on stock boost.

the BONE STOCK one I had, an 88, would BARELY get to 110. :-\

Wow, I did not think something with a street-legal EA series engine (particularly a wagon) could go that fast. I have had mine up to 85mph, and I think I could hit 90+mph on a level surface, but my car is NA. I bet the turbo gearing helps too, I am cranking 3,500 at 75mph and I edge close to 4,000 when I hit 85mph, so I do not think I have enough overhead to hit a speed that high (and not blow the engine). Not that I would need to ;)

I like how smooth it is at speed - must be that gigantic front spoiler - and I don't even have power steering!

there ye go.

Sweet car Will! The WRX goin for a little bounce in the ditch had me laughing pretty hard. "ooh, better get behind a rock" :lol: I've been there before, as a spectator and as a driver. I left the gravel the other day in my buddies rabbit, but I just held on the gas and managed to bounce back out (hey, its $100 beater okay)