Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's going on?

First car - 82 Loyale Wagon 4wd MT

She was $3750. Oh how I loved her so, ran the thing into the rear of 2003 Ram; it's almost funny cause I did the ramming!

Second car - 80 Loyale Sedan 2wd AT

I towed the wagon to my machanic and after pledding with him the car cost $1200 after the trade-in. I haven't talked to him since, the guy is an rump roast although I thank him for his help.

Third car - 85 Gl-10 Sedan 2wd AT

Two freinds of mine are having a baby and needed a second vehicle. Sold the almost dead for $400, that included my time to keep the damn thing running for two years. At that time school was a mile away and work was a mile away. Now that I look back at it, I'm am not cool enough to walk everywhere. A month ago I meet a guy at a redneck bar who had the Gl-10 sitting around, $600 plus $300 to get her where she is now.

Soon to be Fourth car - 83 GL Wagon 4wd 4s-MT $200!

I can't wait to lift it, put my EA82 MPFI in her, EVERYTHING! By now I figured I would be sleeping with older, more costly rides, but not what the hell is this about?

is this a chronological "vehcicles I've had" or a "subes i've had" ????

if its the first, nooones going to want to read my list, if its the later

84 2wd auto GL hatchback, traded an 89 bmw 325i (that I paid 750 bucks for), the guy gave me the sube plus 650 bucks

my first car was an 86 brat that a little old lady had and got it for $1000

it was in great condition when I got it, but i beat the crap out of it and got rear ended by a car going 40mph

had an 88 toyota 4x4 p/up

then I got a 91 loyale that i have now 2 years ago. the toyota pretty much sat unless i needed to haul somthing or was crawling some serius rocks

and once i have a litte extra $$ I want to find a ea 81 and do a lift, tires

Dang, what is it about these cars? They are addictive!!

You want an order of cars eh??

1987 4WD GL, still have it today, I have over $8000 in receipts to this day for it I think if you include the $2700 purchase price many years ago. Engine is new, carb is new, and CV's are new. Tranny is old as rear driveline. Got it with 215K and it has 309K today.

Projects: (note all cars are 4WD)

1986 GL, had a 3AT, 168K or so?, but got like 35-40 MPG if driven gently. Basically used as extra car, its still on the road today. Had to rebuild front end after ex hit a tree with it.

1986 GL-10 Turbo, Mileage unknown, Got this up in Bellingham, towed it to Samammish, got a fresh engine, blew a head gasket on the way home (stuck thermostat), rebuilt engine over the next 4 months in albany. Basically replaced EVERYTHING on this car... what a money pit. The only car I lost a signifcant amount of money on.

1987 GL-10 Turbo 178K, had a pretty much new engine, just had to trailer it home from Oak Harbor and do a 60K on it and slap in a 2 row radiator. Ran great, looked great, made the trip from Oregon to Utah with no problem. Last I heard it was in an accident and totaled out :(

1991 Legacy LS, 180K got this from Richierich and held it for a week for Hondasucks. Used it for running Beer in and out of campus :drunk:

1998 Impreza L sedan. 58K Bought this totaled, paid over the course of a year to have it rebuilt, finally got it home, then had title issues. got those ironed out and sold it. By far the nicest car I have ever owned. took it to reno and back and got 31 MPG with my foot on the floor most of the way.

1982 Brat, 144K still have it, its a rust bucket, its almost all finally fixed, ran good when I got it, runs better now, just needs the clutch finished. Fresh engine too.

1988 GL 220K, really good shape, just needed a head gasket job. Did it all in Jasons garage and sold it to a friend. Still on the road today. Drove nicer than my car.

1992 Loyale 158K Another 3AT, had to replace the tranny, did a 60K on it too. One day it just didnt start. took it to Richie's shop and it started... go figure. Had some title issues but it all came out good.

1988 GL 266K, sat for 2 years, replaced all the seals, clutch, tires and Egr solenoid. Made a mighty $88 for all of my hours of labor on this thing! Ran really sweet though and looked good too.

1986 GL 256K, Edrach's old car. Did a reseal/head gasket, had Richie fix the wheel bearing, had to change the hitachi carb. The car cleaned up really well and is still on the road.

1982 Brat, 205K, still in the process of buying from Richie, its a little rusty, but way better than the other brat. Its gonna be a street machine :cool:

Thats all the projects and personal cars up to today.

Flowmastered, that's a damn fine list! Once I get out of school and make more than 7.50 an hour, the lot will begin! :banana:

Just got a call about the 83 GL, 1:30. I figure this will be good training, that is learning to do body and restorate a subie. I planning for a year off and on and up to four grand to make everything just right. Not to bad for a new custom car $4250?