Ultimate Subaru Message Board

looking for some justy info.

Hi, I'm new to this place. My family has had a subaru of one type or another all my life, ( I learned to drive on an '84 brat when I was 7 ). My dad even put a ea82 in a Kit Fox. I got a 91 Justy, 4wd ECVT here in Seattle last December and it needs some love.

Is there an after market maker for the brushes? or am I stuck paying $100 from the dealership?

Also, in a few months I'm want to swap the AT out for a standard (when I can afford the downtime I'm know I'm going to have while I figure the whole thing out). Any experence that others have to share about how to find a good deal on the tranny and drive line?

Justy parts are generally very cheap, but the 5-speed 4WD tranny is in-demand so who knows. You will probably need the driveaxle, and rear diff, as well as all the other goodies (clutch and linkage). Other than that have at it!!

What/which "brushes" are you refering to? If you need suspension bushings, then the dealer is your only option (or http://www.1stsubaruparts.com - but I don't know how that would work if you are outside the US). If you need starter/alternator brushes then the dealership (or http://www.1stsubaruparts.com ) is still your only real option because most aftermarket stuff is horrible.

If it moves under its own power, drive it until you get a 5 - speed in there.

The ECVT was the worst mistake that Subau ever made because it has major reliability issues and performance issues.

That is DEFINATELY a dealer-specific part (now find out how much labor costs)