Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to get above surface paint off?

Ok just spent 10minutes writing the last damn post, just to have the page be "not accessible" for some reason and it canceled my whole post! To make a long story short, i bought a new front bumper cover and passenger fender for my new XT turbo. They painted on some yellow paint to numper the parts car or whatever. The paint will not come off!! If i have to sand down the car fender i might have well bought a mint fender that was a different color, than the same color with a small dent. How do i get the paint off? If i take a Qtip and dip it in some paint thinner and just dab it on the yellow paint, let it set for a few seconds and then try to get it off will that work?? HelP!

I use that stuff at work! I know how much of a pain it is to take off. If the yellow paint is on metal we use brake cleaner, but some times 10w30 and a sponge works, with a lot of MAN POWER. I like the WD40 idea, or even a white bottle of that clear 3in1 should do the trick. Lettin is sit for a while is almost pointless, the both will just need scrubing.