Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Autozone selling new goodies!!!

My wife and I went to Autozone yesterday and I noticed in the old "Ricer" section(don't ask me why I was there. It is force of habit!), that they were selling a few more goodies than normal. They are now selling Stainless steel mesh air filters that come with adapters to fit intake systems from 3"-4" diameter. It also says on the package,"For track use only", like thats going to stop anyone. Yeah Right! Anyway, they also have stainless steel mesh breather filters, Velocity stacks(for those of you who run with no filter element and tear down your engine after every couple of races), plastic flexible piping that comes in 3 different colors, and thick silicone couplers that come in 3 colors as well and include an adapter that allows you to go from a 3" pipe to a 2-1/2" pipe. I'll keep my eyes open for anything new and try to keep everyone posted.

advanced auto parts and pep boys have all the same stuffs. i dont think that anyof it is over $25 or so. i actually have the flexy hose and a few little bits from that section.the flex hose fits perfectly where my a/c compressor used to go and goes over the manifold and dumps air into the spare tire shelf and into the filter.

Really??? I'll have to go check that out! Do you remember how much it was??

It was $4.99 + tax. I bought one in black.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that they now sell the flexible polished stainless steel radiator hose kits(which is supposed to be universal). Finally Autozone is stepping up in the world.