Ultimate Subaru Message Board

where do I get a flywheel???

I live on the ohio/indiana line, about 2 hours or so from Indy. I know a group of guys going to columbus ohio next weekend, I'm sure they could score one down there, but I'm FLAT broke right now, and not sure when I'll have it :[ Ahh the joys of being a bum

hey i got a whole setup from this xt tranny. i can let you get it i can always get one of john or jims later, or from the c-bus yards.

im a lot closer and can deliver, i dont have anything to put it on right now and both my rides have new clutch discs.

this xt set looks to have been recently replaced into the car i got it from, so use it as is and be good to go!

saves you a trip or having to wait for me to go get one. i dont work monday till 9 pm, so i can stop over and deliver it to you

no worry we are all one big happy family. i was just at jims and johns this weekend, and even tom met us at jims. in a car i just put together and there on a bad crank seal and back all fixed up. going to vincents tomorrow, that will be all of us from the area have met with this weekend

except I havent met John or Tom yet, looking forward to it though :]

Miles, was that a clutch AND flywheel from the XT? if so all I need is gear oil for the tranny and to fix a broken stud (pivot for the 4wd lever, no big deal. I made the cable today, complete with ends and adjuster, and I took care of the pedal box, it was fun, the ea82 pedal box wouldnt work, so I wound up using the pedals out of it and making them fit the ea81 box, had to narrow the pivot "tube" for the ea82 brake pedal, used the pivot bolt from the ea82, and made mounts to hold the cable and to mount an adjustable clutch pedal "stop" to adjust its engaged position, the ea82 had one, so I figured I should have one too.

Oh yeah, if you are still reading this, WTF is with the switch on the gas pedal?