Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power figures?

I know there were no factory 2.3L turbo Loyales in the US for several reasons, first I will assume you mean 2.2L - Subaru never made 2.3L engine to my knowledge - The EJ series engine was never installed in the Loyales in the US - only the EA82 - also the ONLY year for a turbo Loyale is 1990 - after that no more EA82T's - I think the max hp for the later series EA82T turbo engines was 115 stock hp, and 134 ft-lb torque - I think euro Leones had around 130hp stock - but I don't know for sure - I just know you had an oil cooler

There was a 2.7 liter engine (ER27) used in XT6 cars - it is rare, and was never factory turbocharged in the US - it puts out 145hp and 156ft-lb torque. Mechanically, it is very similar to the EA82 engine, just with two additional cylinders. - I know it has been custom turbocharged, but I have little expierence with this engine, so I can't help you on that.

There was also a Legacy turbo 2.2L - EJ22T? that was made from 1991-1994 which produced 160 hp and 181 ft-lb torque.

The EA81T puts out 95hp and 123ft-lb torque stock

Check this url for more info

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/specs/general/specyears.html

I know there were no factory 2.3L turbo Loyales in the US

I meant in europe... or rest of the world

There was a 2.7 liter engine (ER27) used in XT6 cars - it is rare, and was never factory turbocharged in the US - it puts out 145hp and 156ft-lb torque.

Are these XT6 cars basicly the same as normal XTs? Can the XT6 be compared to normal XT-model serie?

Are these XT6 cars basicly the same as normal XTs? Can the XT6 be compared to normal XT-model serie?

The XT6 looks a lot like a regular XT on the outside, save trim differences (gigantic decals saying XT-6), but it is the only real crossover to the EJ design body from an EA design body - it has 5-lug wheels, beefier brakes and suspension, and an electronically controlled power steering system. However, the overall drivetrain is still that of an EA series car. Many people use XT6 parts to mount 5-lug wheels on their EA car. I have seen them in JYs and I think the hood is longer than the regular XT to accomidate the additional engine size - but I don't have numbers to back that up. The XT6's are rare and desireable, there was a front wheel drive and a single-range full-time four wheel drive available - the FT4WD had an air suspension standard.

Honestly, I really do not know what you got in europe, but I would assume that no Leone 2.2L turbos were produced over there because an EJ series motor will not mate with an EA series transmission without an adaptor plate, and an EJ series transmission will not fit in a Leone/varient without pretty extensive moding.

I know there were smaller displacement engines available in the Leone (I think a 1.6L was available) but that may have been in an earlier body design. Generally, the US gets the biggest engines any manufacturer offers b/c gas is cheap over here, and power is consitered more important than fuel economy.

The most power I've ever heard of from an EA82T was about 400~450 hp from some of the rally teams....

but documented proof...theres QuickRX in Australia thats got something like 215 (cant remember if thats at the wheels or crank...) and there is mine thats 161/205 at the wheels, which is 230/295 at the crank.

The most power I've ever heard of from an EA82T was about 400~450 hp from some of the rally teams....

but documented proof...theres QuickRX in Australia thats got something like 215 (cant remember if thats at the wheels or crank...) and there is mine thats 161/205 at the wheels, which is 230/295 at the crank.

true, I did not say anything about modding :brow:

the possibilites with these engines are endless :banana:

Thank you for that XT6 info :)

Honestly, I really do not know what you got in europe, but I would assume that no Leone 2.2L turbos were produced over there because an EJ series motor will not mate with an EA series transmission without an adaptor plate, and an EJ series transmission will not fit in a Leone/varient without pretty extensive moding.

I didn't mean 2.2 liter EJ series turbo engine, but I heard that there were 2.3 liter factory engine. I haven't heard about this so I decided to ask if someone here would know it.

I've also heard about some 170bhp (factory bhp) Leone/RX models but also I haven't found much info on this either. Anyone heard of this 170hp model?

I know there were smaller displacement engines available in the Leone (I think a 1.6L was available) but that may have been in an earlier body design. Generally, the US gets the biggest engines any manufacturer offers b/c gas is cheap over here, and power is consitered more important than fuel economy.

Here in Finland we had 1.3 (65hp), 1.6 (73hp), 1.8 (90hp) and 1.8turbo (136hp) engines. We didn't have EA81T engines, does anyone know the power rating of the european EA81T?

Seems hard to find any info on these engines. I wonder what engine the Japanese cars got, the Euro or the US?

Pro'lly the Euro - they have the euro body and controls - why not the engine?

Anyway, the Japanese get the most powerful soobs period anyway - if anything was ever turboed - they got it