Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gutter Trim Removal

HI,

Got a bit of rust in one of the roof gutters and the best way I think to fix it, is to remove the chrome trim.

Is there a method to this ? Have done a few searches with no results !

Cheers :drunk:

If its an e81, you just have to carefully 'peel' it off, pulling out and upwards if i remember carefuly. You have to be careful not to kink it, or it wont go on again.

On my EA 82 wagon, I take it off and throw it away. Got in the way of roof racks. Actually, I tried to put it back on once, and would have been successful had I been willing to find new clips. It was held on with little metal clips that did not seem to be re-usable. At least mine were not. Wonder if a dealer has them?

Pyro

If its an e81, you just have to carefully 'peel' it off, pulling out and upwards if i remember carefuly. You have to be careful not to kink it, or it wont go on again.

Yes, EA81, MY83 Wagon. I have a parts car here that I might experiment on first, but would prefer someone who has removed it sucessfully, or what tools/techniques they have tried !

It just kinda pops off if you put your fingers underneath the lower edge and pull up and out. You have to be careful with the plastic inserts they have though. They usually aren't as hard as they appear, I've actually seen another board member just reach over and pull it off of a car so I can have a replacement for mine.