Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will they total it?

Well after a night of offroading at the local mud field i take my car out back onto the main road ( state route 75 of west virginia) and were heading to exxon in a 55 zone. We get to this straight stretch of road and i just see this guy jump in the middle of the road. I panic stop and the crazy women behind me in a Chevy 1500 rearend me. I think if it wasnt for her tailgating this would'nt of happened.

Now the trunk needs fixed

trunk door

underbody

and most of the rearend

Car still runs fine and all my rearend lights work :)

But now im waiting for the insurance guy to come look at my car on monday and im gonna see how much it costs. But i dont know if they'll just total it if the dmg is more than the car or what. This really sucks. I had just charged $500 onto the car for repairs

Yes.

My wife's 87 GL turbo-wagon was backed-over by a delivery truck about 2 years ago. The lift-gate on the truck buckled our hood and dented the tops of both front fenders (it hit just above the headlights/side-marker lights).

This was $2500+ in damages, and the company valued the car at $850. (KB said $2200-2500, NADA said about the same.)

Compare your damage to our hood and 2 removable fenders... :( I hope that I am wrong, but that doesn't seem realistic.

You should look into whether or not you can buy it back, fix it to your satisfaction, and not get your title "branded" (unless you don't care if it is).

I know i can buy it back, and i most likely will buy it back.

That car was my baby.

There are still alot of good parts left for a good sub. So if i buy it back

ill either sell the parts or fix it up.

The EA82T had 54k on it.

So we'll see monday. insurance guy is coming.

Around here, buy-back is around 10% of valuation. On really low-value (!!!) cars they will sometimes give it you for nothing or a nominal charge. They usually base it on how much they could get from a dismantler, and it sometimes costs the insurance company to have a dismantler take a low-value (!!!!) car.

Myy 88 T wagon was totaled for less damage than what you describe. Got about $2400 from insurance. Bought it back for $25

25$ are you serious?

Well if anyone needs parts for a 86 gl-10

All orginial interior and near perfect

Engine with 54k (leaks a little oil but nothing big)

and i know how some of you guys are crazy about that LSD.

Stock Alloy Wheels

so yea if anyone needs parts go ahead and ask me for em cause ill be selling em around next week( considering the car is totaled)

25$ are you serious?

Yup :D .. They offered it back me for what they determined a wrecking yard would give them.

So, $2500 total ($2400 for the car plus the $100 taxi ride home- seattle to puyallup).. but be prepared to fight for it their first offer IIRC was somewhere around $8-900.

$25 buy back .. I had just put pugs with new tires on about 2 weeks prior to the accident.

BTW, NorthWet.. My old wagon came from bremerton;)

about four or five yrs back i had a guy run a red light an clipped my front end.he ended up taking off my bumper,one headlight assembly,grill,damaged hood,and both fenders along with some of the supports behind all that.his insurance company sends out an person to look at it.now this was for my 86 gl wagon.they had me get some quotes an then they did a search for the parts to replace all that were damaged(used of course)i think they came up with a total of around $900.bucks. i just took the check an brought the car back to were i got it from and used it to get another subie.this time it was a 5spd d/r wagon.i guy i brought it to just parted mine out,to me mostly.

i just realized that i was basiclly rambling on.:-p