Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Swapping motors, what gaskets?

What gaskets will I need when swapping out the motors. I'm going from a 1980 carbed 1.6 ea71 to a 1980 jdm carbed 1.6 ea71. I'm going to do the rear main seal, the valve cover gaskets, and both the intake and exhaust gaskets, but what else will I have to replace while I'm at it?

Forgive my ignorance, this is my first subie motor swap.

I know it has more than I needed, but it was cheaper to get the whole set.

http://replacement.autopartswarehouse.com/parts/autopartswarehouse/viewImage.jsp?image=img.autopartswarehouse.com/live/A800020794ISH.JPG

Is everything there that I need? I see the valve cover gaskets and a few other obvious ones like the carb base gasket. I don't see the oil pump gasket or the front main seal. Are they in there?

i think the front and rear main seals are in the inside one of the right valve cover gasket. the oil pump gasket is inside the left valve cover gasket but i think you need a "mickey mouse gasket" for the oil pump aswell, on second thought some of those o rings inside the head gasket may be used in the ea71. sorry but i dont reconnize any of the others.

I know some people will probably bash me, but the whole set was only 25.00 from autopartswarehouse.com I'm not going to use the head gaskets, so I don't see any worries. I've never used Inisho gaskets before but I have never heard anything bad about them. I picked up a new dizzy cap and rotor, as well as a new v-belt and a set of 4 NGK plugs. Couldn't find wires for it.