Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What OEM parts for engine rebuild?

What other parts other than head gaskets should be repalced with only oem parts?

Got some head gaskets ordered, theyll be here in two weeks or so.

Rings and Bearings are nice and cheap from the parts store, anyone had any bad experiences with non oem parts like these?

Cheers.

I worked for an auto parts shop. We had one clutch come back and a windscreen washer, and we sold lots of parts to trade mechanics. (Oil seals, heads, reco heads, clutches sparkies, dizzies etc)

But in saying that, i went and bought all my oil seals from Subaru. Doing the job myself saves me heaps of money, so i spoil my car with genuine parts. (plus they give me trade prices:cool: )

The only thing i would hesitate about would be going in without knowing what brands you want to buy. Some people will sell you whats on the shelf (sometimes because no one will buy it) because people never return for their ordered parts. So insist on what you want...

You'll be better off with a whole set of OEM gaskets, they're far superior to most I've found, ecspecially intake and exhaust, I don't have an opinion on the other stuff, as i don't know what they sell in your area, my supplier carries BeckArnley, and I have had good luck with them, and find the products of good quality.