Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1st Hatch Mods Update

Well, things are progressing along nicely with the new addition.

Like the sig says, she's an 84, Moss Green (84 only color). Everything below the lower belt molding I panted flat black, Wheels (the jackman-ish ones) black, & hood black.

Put 1980 Factory winch bumper on, & Sawzalled from the bottom of the headlights back, off of the fenders. Also removed front roll pan area that connects the fenders to the rad. support / subframe area with the Sawzall. Bigtime difference on approach angles. :D

Car has fresh OEM rear mudgaurds, and the rear emblems are painted red on black to match.

Just (yesterday) got 15% tint all the way around (not the windshield). That's one grade lighter than limo tint. Looks great.

Both front Axles are brand new, And a high flow cat & glasspack installed, resonator removed.

Inside: Leather wrapped "D" shaped steering wheel, B&M T handle shift knob,

I removed the instrument gauge surround and painted it gloss white, so it's black faced gauges on a white background. Then, the popup pods that project light onto the gauges; I replaced the lenses with blue plastic. So the white part all glows a mellow blue at night.

Then, today, I went to Sidewinder Auto Salvage looking for a Pug I heard was there, (Couldn't find it. :( ) and stumbled across an awesome pair of front buckets from an 89 Mitsu Galant for $30. Adjustable height/seat bottom, grippy rump roast lumbar support, ultra comfy.

Had to relocate the hatch release lever to under the seat, and drill new holes, but they work great.

Up Next: 4" Lift, 14's & Swampers, STI scoop grafted onto new hood, Roof basket, Engine:brow: .........

Kinda dissapointed you dont have pics :confused: Something to ponder also. Here in the PNW we have lots of trees (duh) and when your out wheeling hard and get into tight spots, not only fenders and sheet metal get damaged. I've seen windows pop when pushed against a tree. This is like throwing your $ out the window if their tinted. Besides, I like to see what I'm getting close to.

Working on pics. Have a camera, but not the cables. (Hey, I tried to be descriptive.:rolleyes: ) We have trees here too. Seems to me, smashing any window out on them is throwing away $$. But, hey, "stuff" happens out on the trail. A busted window is a small price to pay for an awesome day wheelin.

And visibility out is quite good, actually. You can always roll 'em down too. Worth it for the looks / solar protection (I am a mile high) in my book.