Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blessed with the T.O.D!!!

Yeah I started my car up today ...first I thought I was getting an exhaust leak...nope...it just got worse...

So, I went to the store and got supplies for the oil change. But before I left,for the store, I put in a 1/2 qt of ATF...20 miles...and still noise.(That worked for me last time,MMO didn't.). SO I'm kinda thinking that my oil thinned out...way out...

I bought Castrol High Mileage 15-40. Tomorrow I will do the change and report back...

And would the T.O.D. mess with the knock sensor? Because the car's drivablilty sure did goto crap...it lugs in low rpms and kinda misses in high.

I only posted this because this is the worst tick I have ever heard...

1987 GL-10 Turbo.

The tapping will mean your valves are not opening as far or for as long. If its a big tap, then i would be surprised if you didn't notice some power loss.

Dunno about the knock sensor, I think the tap wouldn't be "heavy" enough to effect it, but who knows?

FIXED IT! That's right. No more T.O.D.

I did an oil change...with 15x40w Castrol High Mileage and a new filter. with 1/4qt ATF. I drove it normal for about 10 miles.

Then I got pissed when it didn't fix. SO I reamed on it...high RPMS....like 7000 to 7500. For about 1 mile. THen I putted around about 1/2 mile then reamed on it and it faded away.

YES!! :headbang:

Knock sensor retards timing 5 degrees if it senses knock if I remember reading correctly. I hope you cured the tick. I recently cured mine with a new seal kit for the oil pump. Mine would start to tick if I drove over 65 for awhile. I found that the oil seal was spinning with the rotor and would suck air when I got going fast enough. Strange.