Ultimate Subaru Message Board

AC compressor clutch removal question

The AC clutch on the compressor in my RX is shot, like almost nonexistant. I have another AC compressor that has a good clutch and worked before it was removed from the car. Now I don't want to disconnect the compressor in my car to replace it with the good one I have since my AC system is currently charged with R12 and it cost a little bit of money to have it discharged correctly. I'm wondering how do I remove the clutches and swap them (the good one onto my car to replace the bad one). I've kinda looked it over a bit and I can't see how they're connected so I can remove them. Does anyone know how they're put on and what kind of special tools would I need?

The AC clutch on the compressor in my RX is shot, like almost nonexistant. I have another AC compressor that has a good clutch and worked before it was removed from the car. Now I don't want to disconnect the compressor in my car to replace it with the good one I have since my AC system is currently charged with R12 and it cost a little bit of money to have it discharged correctly. I'm wondering how do I remove the clutches and swap them (the good one onto my car to replace the bad one). I've kinda looked it over a bit and I can't see how they're connected so I can remove them. Does anyone know how they're put on and what kind of special tools would I need?
Are you sure it's your clutch that's gone? All of the AC units on my cars have had the compressor sieze, no clutch probs. I'm going to go look at the clutch assembly on a spare compressor I have out in the shop I don't remember it needing any special tools for removal.