Ultimate Subaru Message Board

stall after hard stop

Man, what a differnace a 20 deg drop on the weather can do for your performance. Just came back from a test drive and WOW. She definately likes 75 degrees with a tad humidity a whole lot better than 97 degrees with less than 12% humidity. :-\

Anyways, back to my question.....How come when I come to a fast stop she wants to stall? She only comes back after I can jerk her forward. Then she's fine. What gives?:confused:

I am running on about 1/8 of a tank of fuel and last time before I filled up she would hesitate after a fast left turn.

Gots any ideas?

This is very wierd. I swapped to Fuel injection for better reliability and mileage and yet I'm having more troubles than I did with the carby. This does NOT compute. Guess Suby wanted to stay carby. Forget it, Suby!

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if I screw something up in the posting process...!

In short, I've got no idea (sorry!), but I had exactly the same thing happen to me on my carbed '83 Brumby (Brat) after some drunk moron ran into the back of me a few months ago. She stalled soon after the collision, and upon restarting her, ran like a dog until I gave her full throttle for a period - then - no problem. I've never seen the problem since... weird.

Cheers,

James :-)

No, because even after I get off the brakes, it takes a few secconds of fluttering the throttle before she wakes up enough to move again. She accually doesn't stall. Its more like when you step on the gas, she revs initally then wants to die like a carb does when the float bowls are almost empty.

It was there before the conversion, but only when I was on a steep decent. She would start stumbling for quite a while before eventually dying. Would start after I leveled her out.

Ok, I was just above the reline of the guage when I put about 5 gallons in, now she's just below the half mark and no more problem except she feels like somthing is holding her back. Don't know if it's just the 80+ deg weather that's doing it or what. My O2 sensor is not working too so, I don't know what the engine is doing: IE running rich or lean.