Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuel Pump Problem

While gathering tools and parts for a gravel and mud run at north fork the wagon died on the freeway between the Sunset and State Street exit in b'ham. If I was alone it would have been all good but my girl was riding along, I told that we were going out for lunch but what I ment was 'going out to get tools and another set of hands would help'; yah she wasn't happy! Spent ten minutes just trying to find the problem, no fuel. Hot wired the fuel pump and found that it would only spit something out when the current is pulsed off an on? Next thing I hear is "Jeremy, there's a fire!!!" The pump control unit smoked. Fixed the fuses and did some quick subaruvention. After she stopped her nonsense about how "she'll never ride in this stupid car again" gave her two wires, one from the positive post and on to the fuel pump. Just tapping the wires together really quickly got the wagon to coast to a parts store. Went in and got to flasher/breakers, hooked them up in as two feed circuits and drove home. If nothing else at least Subaru's teach us how to be top-shelf hobby mechanics.

:grin: