Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OBS Mini-lift!

Andyjo

So i was bored today, waiting for job opportunities to call me, so i descided i would do something productive. The obvious thing to do was to lift my subaru. As i sat there for a minute, thinking of how i would accomplish this task i realized that my funds weren't adiquite enough to go to the junkyard and pickup some forster parts. So with no plan in hand, i headed up to our stop. After rummaging around for about 30 minutes i obtained some plate aluminum, and a wierd long piece of steel. I promptly cut this metal up w/ the good ol' Sawzall, and drilled a bunch of holes in these pieces. Now, i didn't feel like finding longer bolts for the strut mouts, so that limited me to about 1/4". So that's what i did. i took my ghetto 1/8" spacers, and poped them right in there (2 spacers on each bolt = 1/4"). I was also feeling lazy, so i only unbolted the top of the strut from the unibody, and threw on the spacers w/ the strut still attached to the knuckle (the rears are a pain in the rump roast! if you do it this way). So anyhow, i poped those suckers back on and bang! i've got 1/4" more clearance at all fours.. heh... i took a bunch of pictures but only a few came out well. http://64.222.148.23:78/bcoc/?cheese=piclist&picdir=minilift I believe the front bumper cover went from 10" to 10 1/4". The headers low point went from a little under 6.5" to 6.75" and the read dif went from about 7.75" to roughly 8".

I highly doubt this will increase my offroading experience.. but what the hell, i got bored :drunk: