Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'87 RX questions

87 RX has the same bolt pattern as the rest of the EA series cars.

$1800 is not bad if its in good shape and well maintained

No, it isn't fast, but they are fun and moddable.

It will be a bit quicker than your 81 most likely

yeah, they have lots of potential. Look around the board some for some of the mods people do. Look up threads under my username for info about my wagon. Its an 87 with the same motor and such as the RX.. Its a bit quicker than stock:D

very mod-able, as with all ea82t, numbers of 200hp are possible with the right build up, i also havve a rx fitted wagon, on the dyno i got 204hp, i also spent 2 grand on the engine, you decide if its worth it, im am real happy though, i can stomp any honda and i have spanked down wrx's before too

what about a bigger turbo? or something (i dont know jack about them really) or a bigger blow off valve too dont those add a little bit of hp? originally i was just going to buy a car and make it turbo but if i can find one thats already turboed and can get fast then heck ya. oh and earlier the comment about my wagon being slow (not exact words) it really is slow the motors blown. but it is for sale if your interested.

Wasn't really calling your wagon slow.. Was just pointing out that the 20-25hp deficit between a stock EA81 and Stock EA82T Is pretty noticeable.

Upgraded parts. Bigger turbo, yes you can. Its not striaght bolt on. Things need to change to get it on. I have a TD04 from a 2002-2003 WRX on my wagon right now. And right ogg the top of my head I can think of 2 other people here on the board that have running TD04 EA82T motors.

BOV? no.. no horsepower gain. simply a rice accessory unless you aare pushing enough boost to make something like a stock WRX BPV not keep up.. But the chances of that happening are slim to none on an EA82.

Seriously, do a search.. there is a ton of information here about modifying EA82T cars for looks, speed and handling.