Ultimate Subaru Message Board

power(less) windows in loyale

hey all,

just picked up a loyale and wanted to get some of it's quirks fixed. currently the driver side power window controls can roll down the rears, but can't roll them up. however the rear switches can roll up the rear windows. the drivers window works fine, but nothing can roll down the passenger window.

i'm fairly decent with electrical systems having customized motorcycles and fixed aging vws, but neither of those had power windows, so i'm a bit lost as to where to start. is there a central relay for the windows that could be faulty? or is it probably a fault at the switches?

anyone got an working components they think will help this issues? or any test to try to help figure out wtf is going on?

tia

droo

There is a common relay for all the windows. I would check the passenger side motor and the wires to it through the door for a problem.

The other problem sounds like a dirty switch or broken wire to the switch at the location of the switch that is not working.

There is a common relay for all the windows. I would check the passenger side motor and the wires to it through the door for a problem.

The other problem sounds like a dirty switch or broken wire to the switch at the location of the switch that is not working.

thanks guys that makes sense. does anyone happen to know if the motor is used in any other models? or should i just pull it out and go to the junkyard and look an any japanese car?

thanks

droo

The window switches on my Loyale get dirty and quit working about once a year. Cleaning them isn't difficult and is worth trying first. After you get the switch out, make sure you've got a good clean spot to work before you take it apart - small pieces can disappear quickly, especially the multi-switch from the driver's door. I use electronic spray cleaner and a pencil eraser to clean the contacts.

my car does the same thing, the master switch will roll down the back windows but not up. the rears are fine with the rear switches. i suspect my master switch needs cleaned replaced

as far as the way the system works, if any of the switches are unplugged from their harness none of the windows will work