Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need:85 Subaru DL 2wd wagon fuse diagram

I just bought an 85 DL wagon for 200 bucks. The only thing wrong is it blows a 15 amp fuse every time i start it. If I dont replace the fuse the car will crank all day but never start. It gets spark and fuel at this time too. There is no diagram for me to tell which circuit is shorting. the fuse blowing i believe is 3 rows from top and 1 row from the right. damn near the center. i have looked all through the engine compartment for any bare wires. NOTHING.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

I just scanned my fuse box cover from my 85 GL-10:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7315

Does this help? And, if so, which fuse is it?

YOU ARE A 100% AWSOME!!! I have looked EVERYWHERE for that diagram!!!

I looked and the fuse is the "Meter Engine" fuse. i looked around my manual and it says nothing about meters...still diggin around.

Thank you again for your help!!!

Bodie

That may be for the air flow meter at the intake. I would place an ohmmeter lead to the contact that the fuse supplies power to (fuse removed). Place the other lead to a good ground. I would guess the reading is going to be near zero or at zero ohms. Then start disconnecting things in the engine area and see if you can make the reading go up a little so there is not a short. Whatever you disconnect that removes the short needs to be looked at.