Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo Flanges?

I'm looking for the flange for the header that will fit a TD04 (only the one for the header). I've called a couple of muffler shops around the area, and none of them seem to understand what i'm talking about (even after 20 minutes of explaining). So where is a good place to get these flanges?

you want the flange that mates up with the turbine inlet, correct? chances are you wont be able to just find the flange by itself. see if you can find the stock up-pipe from a wrx. you can hack the flange off and toss the rest. check ebay, or post something on nasioc or i-club. most wrx owners ditch the stock uppipe for a non-catted aftermarket piece anyway.

you want the flange that mates up with the turbine inlet, correct? chances are you wont be able to just find the flange by itself. see if you can find the stock up-pipe from a wrx. you can hack the flange off and toss the rest. check ebay, or post something on nasioc or i-club. most wrx owners ditch the stock uppipe for a non-catted aftermarket piece anyway.

Yup, thats what I did. I found a guy on NASIOC that has made an unsuccessful attempt at gutting his uppipe. Since the pipe itself was so thrashed, he gave it to me. Cut the flange off and threw the rest away.

Thanks for all the info. As far as exhaust, will wrx exhaust fit with little or no fabbing?

I used the downpipe (2 piece) and midpipe. The axleback does not fit at all. Some have used the same stuff I did with no trouble.. I had to do a little heating and bending to get mine to fit. Right now it ends right at the rear diff, but sounds good:D