Ultimate Subaru Message Board

One staright Weber Q. What one for a EA82??

Ok. I've been reading through a pile of posts about weber conversions and everyone seems to have a different opinion. So I thought I would ask for a really straight forward answer. What weber carb should I put on my 1987 EA82 LG wagon w power steering.

I have heard that inklings that a DFV might be good because it is a 'mirror' image of a DGV. Is this true? and is the power the same?

Thanks,

I just put a DFV on my son's brat; works just fine and I actually had less trouble with the linkage and other interferences than with the DGAV on my brat. Although the DFV is physically smaller, I believe the throat sizes are the same and it certainly improved the power and gas mileage on my son's brat.

Ok. I've been reading through a pile of posts about weber conversions and everyone seems to have a different opinion. So I thought I would ask for a really straight forward answer. What weber carb should I put on my 1987 EA82 LG wagon w power steering.

I have heard that inklings that a DFV might be good because it is a 'mirror' image of a DGV. Is this true? and is the power the same?

Thanks,

Thanks for that, the DFV seems to be a good option then?? The only thing I was worried about was the power of them as someone has mentioned something about less power with a DFV, anyone care to elaborate on this a bit further?

If you search the archives, you'll find quite a bit of information by cameron in Australia. He's probably the most knowledgable person on the Board in this regard. He hasn't posted for a long time and I'm not sure of his email address any longer, but you could give him a try. ---ed---

PS: He's the one who rebuilt the DFV I was just talking about. He did a fine job of it too.

Thanks for that, the DFV seems to be a good option then?? The only thing I was worried about was the power of them as someone has mentioned something about less power with a DFV, anyone care to elaborate on this a bit further?