Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 drum components question

drum brakes on ea82, the self adjuster device....

on the drivers side, the ratchet pivot is placed behind the shoe, and toward the rear of the car.

i installed the passenger side with the pivot outside the shoe and toward the front of the car.

did i get the passenger side in correctly?

wonder if that brown rx in somerset has em... wonder if they are a congealed mass of rust, and wonder if madman can be reasonable when the $ issue is raised. ( i'd be happy to pay upullrparts.com prices)

actually, ive just put shoes in both the subes, so they might be good for the remainder of their time on earth (or mine).

The calipers should be salvagable; rotors you might need to buy. I got mine off the champiegn colored GL10 turbo wagon there; pretty rusty but cleaned up nice and had 'new' pads :brow:

Gotta haggle those guys. They try to stick you with high prices but you just counter offer. Then the games begin! Just ask Arch... I watched him talk them down from $200 for a part to I think $25. They seriously said $200 for an intake manifold off an MPFI EA82... we both laughed out loud!