Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks!

It was really dirty when I got it. I literally had to degrease it to get the black off of it. After a few washes, a coat of wax and a few personal touches, I'm digging it. I'll take 7-10, but I've haven't stayed in a car longer than 2 years. I get antsy and move on...perhaps to a 2000+

Gas gauge is off. Its on E around 250 miles and it's getting 24 MPG. I drove for two days with it below E hoping that light would come on. I chickened out this morning and filled it up. I still had 3.5 gallons left. I'm going to bring a gallon of gas with me when it gets down to 300 miles and see that light!

Gas gauge is off. Its on E around 250 miles and it's getting 24 MPG. I drove for two days with it below E hoping that light would come on. I chickened out this morning and filled it up. I still had 3.5 gallons left. I'm going to bring a gallon of gas with me when it gets down to 300 miles and see that light!

my 96 legacy's guage is off too. but i only get 17mpg. about 220 until the light comes on. but after about 100 miles, the guage reads WAY lower than it actually is.

just keep an eye on the light and on the miles. you'll get to know the car well enough to know when you need gas.

when the light comes on you should have a little under a quarter tank