Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Washingtonians: Got a truck and dolly/flatbed?

Hey all you Washingtonians out there...

First off, apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, however this is kind of a time-sensitive issue and I know most of you read this forum more than any other.

If any of you have a truck with either a tow dolly or a car trailer, and time to kill this Saturday, or at the latest Sunday, please let me know ASAP!!!!

I got a big old "merry christmas" in my inbox this morning... the guy with the alleged '74 "hatchback" on Craigslist emailed me, saying it was still available and to give him a call.

I called him and got more info... we're still confused on just what it is, so he's agreed to call me back with the VIN if he can get it... car's sitting at his ex-gf's house.

Anyway, he says he'll be around this weekend, and that I can haul it off. So if any of you can help me tow it, I'd be very appreciative... I'll hire a tow truck if absolutely necessary, but it would be nice not to have to. I'll pay for your gas and throw in lunch, too, if you're willing to help.

Pleeease... help, if you can.

if it has tires and brakes i would tow it with my rx.. but then again i live .. tad far away

i suspect you could tow it with pretty much anything as long as you can steer it and stop it

might be a cheaper alternative than a flat bed /tow dolly/tow truck

Car's been sitting 6 years, can't trust the rubber or the brakes until I have a good look-see at them.

Besides that, I don't have a vehicle I could LEGALLY tow the vehicle with the distance necessary (40 miles)...

My neighbor's name is Doug Moritz (not a Subaru freak, but definitely into cars). Drop me a 'phone number by PM and I'll give it to him and have him call you if you like. You can negotiate cost and such with him; but that should be easy compared to Spokane to Bothell. ---ed---

Car's in Carnation, needs to go to South Everett. Mapquest estimates 40 miles.

saw the pics of your free mobile.the body actually looks pretty straight and rust free!so what are your plans for it?:brow: hatch-brat, 4wd conv./lift, or just fix and drive it?

Jon

Yeah, the body is in surprisingly good condition. There are a few spots I need to go attack with a wire brush and primer, but overall it's really good.

For now, just fix and drive.

If the price of gas ever goes down again, then I can have fun with it... (yeah, fat chance of that ever happening).

Well, maybe I just need a better job. :brow: