Ultimate Subaru Message Board

good rain tires for stock loyale rims?

hey all,

any recommendations for good tires for the wee loyale? i'm not in a position to find some 14"s right now, so what's good with the stock 13"s?

sure the loyale is no STi, but i live in the twisties and i drive like a boob, even in the wet (and rainy season is coming). so i just want something that performs better than the Pep Boys cheapo specials.

cheers

andrew

Im on the east coast so i went to Town Fair Tire and picked me up some Toyo Tires. I have no complaints with them. They were the best that i could get for it and they were only 80 bucks. I figured i might as well.

Same here!!!

I've got the Toyo's on my '89 and '96 and they are excellent in the rain.My friend manages a Town Fair Tire location.:brow: I take the same route when buying new-get the high end-don't skimp out especially if you carry people all the time like I do.

Toyo Spectrum,I believe they are called.

You can always get even better,but for the money these are great.I'm looking at getting them for my coupe when I actually have cash...Cash price with all the goodies thown in is around $73 per tire.That's full replacement for road hazard,free flat repair,free rotaion,etc...for the life of the tires.