Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I recently had to have a new battery put in my 2000 Forester. We have AAA, and they come out and put a battery in...easy deal right? WRONG! I wasn't there when they swapped the batteries. When I get the receipt there's a note written on it that says: 'battery tie-down stuck'. Hmm, I figure they had some trouble with it, but they got the job done, so I guess all is well...NOT! The next time I get in the car, I see a piece of metal on the floor on the passenger side of my car. I pick it up and IT'S THE BATTERY TIE-DOWN! They installed the battery but removed the tie-down. I haven't had time to look at the battery or call AAA yet, but I am pissed off. The only thing I can think of is that the battery they put in is the wrong one for my car. This is not the first thing AAA has screwed up. One time they came out to jump start my car, and the guy needed to remove the fuse box cover. As he was finishing, just as he's about to close the hood on my car, I see his screwdriver sitting in the engine compartment right where the hood latch is. I stopped him just in time before he probably would have broken the latch. We're not talking rocket science here folks. I would be doing these things myself, but for health reasons I can't. Anyone else had bad experiences with these people?

:confused:

I recently had to have a new battery put in my 2000 Forester. We have AAA, and they come out and put a battery in...easy deal right? WRONG! I wasn't there when they swapped the batteries. When I get the receipt there's a note written on it that says: 'battery tie-down stuck'. Hmm, I figure they had some trouble with it, but they got the job done, so I guess all is well...NOT! The next time I get in the car, I see a piece of metal on the floor on the passenger side of my car. I pick it up and IT'S THE BATTERY TIE-DOWN! They installed the battery but removed the tie-down. I haven't had time to look at the battery or call AAA yet, but I am pissed off. The only thing I can think of is that the battery they put in is the wrong one for my car. This is not the first thing AAA has screwed up. One time they came out to jump start my car, and the guy needed to remove the fuse box cover. As he was finishing, just as he's about to close the hood on my car, I see his screwdriver sitting in the engine compartment right where the hood latch is. I stopped him just in time before he probably would have broken the latch. We're not talking rocket science here folks. I would be doing these things myself, but for health reasons I can't. Anyone else had bad experiences with these people?

:confused:

When you understand that that AAA guy only gets 12 bucks to come out for a service call, you understand his lack of committment.

I worked for AAA a few years back...that 12 bucks a call gets OLD FAST.

Add to it, the people ***************ing about the time it takes to remove a tire that has not been off the car since it was made, the spare that is flat, the snapped lugs, and the Wait time, Im suprised that AAA can even GET people to work for them.