Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i wasnt really going to get into power mods but dam this thing is slow lol (any tips to make the auto a bot more responsive )

ive fabbed up all my own mods for my honda (including custom made individual throttle boddies) but is there much sence in doing some exaust and intake work . how do these cars react to these mods , and is it worth my time .

ill probly pass on the exaust since its auto and i dont like the sound and auto makes with a fart can on it .

i guess my biggest problem is im used to my summer car and the throttle responce it has . the legacy feels kinda weak and mabye this is due to the tranny , i dont really now . but over all speed is not what im after , but reasponce wouldbe great .

i wasnt really going to get into power mods but dam this thing is slow lol (any tips to make the auto a bot more responsive )

ive fabbed up all my own mods for my honda (including custom made individual throttle boddies) but is there much sence in doing some exaust and intake work . how do these cars react to these mods , and is it worth my time .

ill probly pass on the exaust since its auto and i dont like the sound and auto makes with a fart can on it .

i guess my biggest problem is im used to my summer car and the throttle responce it has . the legacy feels kinda weak and mabye this is due to the tranny , i dont really now . but over all speed is not what im after , but reasponce wouldbe great .

Try an upgraded air filter and have someone custom make, or make one yourself, a intake for your car. I know a few people who did that with their automatics, and it definitely helped the response.

there is nothing you can do to a NA car's intake that alone will get you more than 2-5 horsepower.

Depending on what year and engine, it might be an issue with the knock sensor, i undid the bolt that holds the rear of the Y pipe to the tab that hangs down from the tranny, that helped quite a bit, at least made the sensor happier.

as i suspected, i have a 96 with the 2.2 and the auto, i plan on swapping in the standard shift asap.

that hesitation is pretty standard for the auto's, not much you can do. unless you arn't afraid to spend money, i have a borla header and a TWE "J" pipe, dosn't do much for low end, but above 4k, watch out.