Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks Nipper. Life is quite and good. The seat belt alarm disconnect sequence you sent me finally worked. I think the secret is to let the car sit for a while before doing the routine. I tried at least 20 times before it finally worked. Now I don't go crazy at the drive thru's and Banks windows.

1500 Miles on the new Outback and lovin it.

Thanks

Overthehill

I have been trying it for a week, still havn't gotten it to work.

Did you have the engine running?

Did you start with the sequence with the belt in or out?

:-\

I feel like a small brained monkey jamming my seat belt in and out like that when the rest of my life is spent over obsessing the pampering of the car.

No the engine was not running. Put the key in and move it to on. The seat belt alarm will start going off. Snap the seat belt in place and wait for the alarm flashing on the dash to go off. About a second. Then plug and uplug the seat belt around 20-24 times. Then take the key out. Put the key back in and see what you got. I thought I was going to have to hire a warlock and say a few chants but it finally worked.

I have been trying it for a week, still havn't gotten it to work.

Did you have the engine running?

Did you start with the sequence with the belt in or out?

:-\

I feel like a small brained monkey jamming my seat belt in and out like that when the rest of my life is spent over obsessing the pampering of the car.