Ultimate Subaru Message Board

no heat, no c.c., or dome/map lights

I just got a 90 legacy 2wd auto for free. It need a crank pulley as the prevoius owner drove it around with the crankshaft bolt a bit lose. It wollered out the pulley and sheared the keyway off the crankshaft snout. to solve this problem I used a wire welder to tack weld the timing gear pulley in place, and in the space left where the keyway goes I laid a bead of weld down and did a bit of grinding to get a different crank pulley on there. after all was said and done the pulley is a little wobbly now but not bad. I drove the car home to realize the heater fan selector doesn't work in any position, 1-2-3-4. the interior lights on the climate control don't work either, nor do the dome or map lights work either. This is my second 90 legacy, both had the heater problems so I am guessing it is somewhat common of a problem. the cruise control works and when I tried to use the rear defrost, the light on the button lights up when pushed, but the instrument cluster indicator doesn't come on by the gauges. I am still in maryland training in the army, my wife has the car back home in indiana. I will be home in about two weeks for 18 days. I am not worried about the crank pulley cause I have a whole other 2.2 to put in it. I ran out of time on my four day weekend so I had to resort to the weld job. I only have access to the net on the weekends primarily, but I will be checking this as I have the net .

thanks for any help