Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Water Pump, Help.

I was wondering if someone had a factory service manual for an 1986 EA82 Engine. I would like to start working on the GL today to remove the water pump, but Everywhere I go, no one has even the Haynes manual and has to order it and they wouldn't be in for a week in some places. Those manuals are too confusing anyway. The Subaru Dealer only will sell Factory Manuals back to 1991.

Is anyone capable of scanning the pages or taking pictures and posting them or emailing them to me? If not oh well.

Oh and the repair manual on the homepage has not worked for the past 2 or more weeks.

I recently changed my water pump out.

It was not that bad.

I used Miles Fox's write up on it to help me out.

Thanks Miles!

The pictures don't work, but once I got my head under the hood I could see what he was talking about.

My install went well.

The only set back was when I tried to remove the old water pump I could not figure out how to get it around the accessory bracket. I ended up taking it off so I could have better access.

On the manuals, I bought my Chilton's from the local Checkers and a good friend of mine bought his Haynes from Amazon for $5.

Hope this helps!

-=fred=-

Not too tough of a job. I have found that it's best to remove the batt then remove the alt and the A/C compressor. This gives a lot more room to work in. I don't remove the radiator although even this is easy and gives even more room. Taking the alt and A/C out makes removing the fan really easy. While you're in there you might think about replacing the timing belts as well. Their right there in your face, can't get much closer to replacing them.