Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seat Heaters-Butt half warm..

2004 Outback 35th Anniversary Edition here.. On the driver's side, the seat heater on the bottom is not working properly. What happens is that the element on the right side heats up, but the one on the left does not. The dealer did replace the unit, and the problem still persists. I'm not sure how the system is set up, but I do know that there are thermostats wired into the elements. Are they a separate unit, or are they integrated into the unit itself?

I'm taking it back into the dealer on Wednesday when they install the missing engine cover bolt that they forgot to reinstall during the 30K service and check it again. Any other ideas? I'm thinking that there's no power feeding the left element. All the other elements work fine.

RCoaster

OTB 2004 4Cly 2.5L

Same is happening on my Passenger side , dirver side heats up OK, but passenger just not getting any heat. Subaru had a look and found nothing wrong. I was not happy with this dealership. On my next oil change I will be at another dealership, will ask again.

How do you like your OTB 2004 so far? any issue's? dose your idel go below 750, down to 650 or so, while your foot on barke at Red Light? Check your RAD Cap, had mine replaced, seal was defective. At high Temp/Pressure, Rad Fluid mist, would come out. No big deal, all is well.

good day,

gsp