Ultimate Subaru Message Board

97 OB Tranny Swap--What else should I replace?

I have a 97 Outback with over 190k miles. My VSS stopped working and I am also having weird intermittent loss of power/almost stalling issues when I slow down/stop sometimes. More on that problem of mine here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42826

At any rate, I've driven the thing into the ground (lots of high speed logging road antics with 4-5 people in the car) and I'm surprised it's still shifting at all (which it does quite well, actually). At my mileage, the thing will probably die soon anyway, and it MIGHT fix this weird stalling issue I'm having, so what the hell?

I was wondering, then, what else I should look into replacing/fixing if I'm swapping out my transmission. I know I have an exhaust leak I can fix (since the exhaust system has to be removed). I was also thinking about doing the oxygen sensors since they might not have ever been done, and they might be causing my weird stalling problem as well. Is there anything else I should think about replacing?

Thanks,

Josh

Eugene, OR