Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 93 Legacy sedan FWD and the fuel feed hose from the fuel pump is split and spraying fuel. Has anybody had this problem? I am wondering if the tank will need to be dropped to replace this line and if so how involved is it to drop the tank? This is FWD not AWD. Thanks

I'm not sure where they'd be in a sedan but in my 94 wagon there are access panels under the carpet behind the rear seats that give you access to the pump and it's hose fittings. Yours would probably be in the front part of the trunk. I would think you could just get some high pressure fuel line, attach it to the pump end and then fish it down over the side of the tank and attach it to the hardline. That would bypass the broken part.

You could drop the tank to do this as well and since you're FWD it's about 1/3 the ammount of work to do so without a driveshaft and rear diff to deal with!

I don't think you have to drop the tank. Connect the new hose to the old and then pull it through. Cut a bolt the ID and slip it in both hoses, wrap some wire tight aroung the hose as a clamp and that should hold the hoses together as you pull them. Go Slow.