Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Controlling both sides of the climate-control with one knob?

What year is this? Is the nob digital or analog? In our other car(acura, I shouldn't say other as we dont have the OBW yet) which is push button controlled it is single temp by default unless the passenger hits one of there buttons, at which point a button that says duel's indicator lights up, depress that and it sets them both back in sync(to the driver).

I thought maybe this would have the same type of thing if the nob was infinite and whenever turned to the right for example the temp would go up, and when to the left VV, but with no set positions(like the volume nob is I assume).

What year is this? Is the nob digital or analog? In our other car(acura, I shouldn't say other as we dont have the OBW yet) which is push button controlled it is single temp by default unless the passenger hits one of there buttons, at which point a button that says duel's indicator lights up, depress that and it sets them both back in sync(to the driver).

I thought maybe this would have the same type of thing if the nob was infinite and whenever turned to the right for example the temp would go up, and when to the left VV, but with no set positions(like the volume nob is I assume).

Sorry, I should've been more explicit.

It's a 2005, with the digital climate.

I've seen others that operate the way your Acura does. On the OBW, the default is to control each side with sepreate nobs. Nothing in the manual about controlling them in tandem, or a way to switch to that mode.

I'd guess there's a hidden mode, but I haven't been able to find it by trying various button combos.