Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Grrrrrrrrrr. Can someone tell me why a center exhaust pipe is....

300 freeking dollars????????????????? And why a muffler is over 200?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

So, it's a FACT that a stock replacement is NOT going on my 93 AWD Legacy wagon.

Anyone have any luck custom fabbing an exhaust? Keep in mind I'm poor.

The y pipe is in good condition, I have another center converter I can use, I just need advice on muffler, and pipes.

Anyone help?

300 freeking dollars????????????????? And why a muffler is over 200?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So, it's a FACT that a stock replacement is NOT going on my 93 AWD Legacy wagon.

Anyone have any luck custom fabbing an exhaust? Keep in mind I'm poor.

The y pipe is in good condition, I have another center converter I can use, I just need advice on muffler, and pipes.

Anyone help?

I never paid that much. Go to a mom and pop auto part store that carries walker pipes. i think the entire exhaust system from the cat back cost less then 200.00 and was easy to do myself. i so LOVE flanged exhaust systems as oppsed to the old muffler clamps.

nipper

I never paid that much. Go to a mom and pop auto part store that carries walker pipes. i think the entire exhaust system from the cat back cost less then 200.00 and was easy to do myself. i so LOVE flanged exhaust systems as oppsed to the old muffler clamps.

nipper

Cheapest I found was over 250 for both pipes.

I went with a 45* piecemeal tube, some 4" round muffler(not ricer..But not sure WHAT it came off of stock) 2 2 foot replacement pipes, and some clamps.

Sounds nice and throaty now.

Think I'll have a problem running the pipe centered down the tunnel for the driveshaft? :banana::lol:

Cleaned up the bottom of the car, and tucked it away nice and clean. :D:headbang:

Looks like Napa's getting a call, and the legacy's getting a straight pipe, and cherry bomb.

put something like this on the end of the straight pipe

9465welding_job-thumb.JPGmm-ms.gif

i picked it up off e-bay for something like $24 bucks including s/h , then $85 bucks for local speed shop to weld it in.they left in both cats.