Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No heat from heater help

85 GL wagen. temp control clable is adjusted right. Heater hose's hot going in and a little cooler coming out. But just a little heat coming out. Fan blowing strong. Is there some way that to much cool air bypassin heater core. it gets cold here and need heat Help

Mike

PS

also flushed out heater core and good flow through it. Got a 190 thermstate in it. Chilten manual not much help.

As far as I can tell heater box is sealed tight. Really don't want to have to pull the whole heater out if I can help it. If I turn temp all the way down nothing but cold air. air flow seems to be good. Air is only a little warm with temp control all the way up. Haven't checked all the servos to see if they are working right. They are a little hard to get to. I just need heat out of this thing don't care how.

like I said I have flushed out the heater core and have good flow through it. The Chilton book I have doesn't tell me what servo does what. The heater hose's are hot. As far as the vac goes everything works there all the buttons work and change to what they are suppose to do. If there is anything I can by pass to get heat I will do that. Just have to have heat when it's down to 14 degrees. IF anybody has a good heater diagram and can email it to me I can use it.

Thanks

Mike