Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gas leaking

yes it would be,there's a small metal thing in the fuel line but I don't know what to call it.I also put some stuff on it called SEAL ALL comes in a tube is gas and oil resistant seems to have done the job for now but I need to check and make sure the leak is stopped.

If it's leaking from the mushroom shaped thing on the end of the fuel pump, it's a pulsation damper. It will continue to get worse, and since it's on the high pressure side, I don't think sealant will hold for very long.

IIRC, you can't just replace the pulsation damper - my GL wagon was in the junkyard because of that very piece, and I ended up replacing the whole fuel pump assembly (I think it was around $150, I'm sure you could get a used one from someone here for a LOT less).

Just be glad it's leaking back there. RX-7s have that device up in the engine bay, under the intake manifold, and when it starts to leak, the gas runs down the side of the engine onto the exhaust manifold. Car-B-Que.

-=Russ=-