Ultimate Subaru Message Board

We won't be getting a subaru, but I will drop in from time to time.

It turns out we will likely not be getting a subaru. I don't mean to sound attack subarus in anyway, but am happy that we will be getting an 06(or 07 if its a redesign) MDX with touring and navigation for about 5-7 more than we planned to spend on the VDC Limited. We looked into the subes more but found out they were too small for what we needed them for(family of 5 and a labrador, likely soon to be 2) and my mother really likes my fathers TL and her friends MDXs.

I would like to thank everyone here for the good information and kind attitudes(some of these other forums are !@#$ing shooting galleries!)

Mike

The neighbors probably look down their noses at "economy" cars to boot.

Bet the price delta is more like $8,000. It is quite a bit larger, especially the back seat, which is a good 4" wider. At the expense of 1,000 lbs or so.

Good luck with it once you get your license.

Thanks, if I ever get my licence(!@#$%^& SSA hasnt sent my card yet, expecting it by tommorow. Subarus are great cars(though my heart lies with Acura) and I would not mind an STI for my first car(not gonna happen).

As of pricing right now we were looking at about 32 for the subaru and 38ish for the MDX, though I recently learned that there is a 90% chance of an MDX refresh(not full redesign) for the mid-end of this year, so that will probably drive the price up a little.

Thanks again,

Mike

my best friend has a 05 mdx and its awsome!! very luxurious and real quiet, he got the reg. one without nav., but it still had leather, and great looking wood trim and other stuff for 36k..i think its a reallllly nice car, that has a great price for how much car u get..take a look at the lexus rx300 or w/e their suv is called that compares to the acura as well

Acura I believe will overtake sales of the RX330(overpriced underpowered peice of...) with there new RDX. At 35k its loaded with better everything than the RX except no turning headlights or power liftgate(to my knowledge), and its making 240/260 with SH-AWD.

As for the MDX the refresher will hopefully have HIDs, and a better nav and sound system(off the RL and TL).

Now there is just a 8 month wait until they bring it to the floor...

Mike

Newton is different...I'll say, this is the most spoiled, overpriced city on the east coast...

Eitherway, there is definatly a large price gap of at least 5k, probably closer to 8 or 9 when all is said and done. The thing is my mother decided to ride out the warranty on the van and get it 100% paid off before trading it. And with that time period through she will have saved up enough money for the MDX. I do not want to completly rule out the subaru, but I would say the odds are currently with the MDX, though my mother tends to waffle. I like both cars very much, however, my father told me today I would be registered as an occasional driver in both cars(got my permit today), and frankly, if I can somehow convince my mom to spend more money on, not neccessarily a nicer car, as subaru makes a great car, but something that is a little bigger with more power and toys, I am going to go for it(id again prefer an STI, but mom wont go for that)

I also want to add that I am a good customer to home depot, frequently buying plywood, metal, and 2X4s, which the van has served well. I also have a large air compressor and a few full sized coffins(halloween animatronics I built, can be seen here: http://media.putfile.com/MOV0086188 ) that occasionally need to be moved around.

I will keep you guys updated

Mike