Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hello there. i am brand new to this site. i am an auto technician in kansas city and was suggested to this site from an online technical forum. i have a 93 legacy that starts runs for about 3 seconds and then dies if you try to keep it running with throttle it backfires severely to the point that it has broken the housing of the maf sensor. this is what i know so far. when it stalls it has fuel pressure fuel injector pulse and spark. maf sensor makes no difference connected or not. and the timing belt is aligned properly and i have no codes. thanks for all who take the time to read this and if anyone has some good input or ideas i would greatly appretiate it.

If the MAF sensor housing is cracked, I'd seriously wonder if it's working correctly.

Have you checked to make sure the timing is correct? You may want to verify that the timing marks on the crank sprocket & cam gears align with the corresponding marks.

Not sure if you have a factory manual, if not this should help

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com:8080/subaru_manual_scans/1992_FSM_(Engine_%26_Electrical)/

Also, I'd recommend checking out www.bbs.legacycentral.org too.